Melvin Bosso is a principal at Myrtle Consulting. Accomplished and versatile, he has a proven track record in cost management discipline, network optimization, root cause analysis methodology and excellence programs. He is also an expert in developing processes and management systems that favor cooperation and focus on strategic company objectives.
Melvin studied Engineering Geology at the University of Technology of Delft in the Netherlands. He joined Myrtle after leading plant operations at CHEP Canada for three years. While at CHEP, he led the company in a complete transformation of the network. Costs went down by 10 percent, production output grew 60 percent, and safety incidents went down by 80 percent while he was in this role.
Prior to leading CHEP’s operations, Melvin spent nearly eight years with Labatt in diverse leadership roles. He played a key part in the transformation of Labatt to ABI’s new operating model and contributed his expertise to many corporate and representative initiatives.
Melvin has been highly successful in unlocking the potential of individuals and organizations through coaching and support. As a leader in the following positions, Melvin consistently delivered significant value:
Anheuser-Busch InBev Canada:
- Management System Specialist: operations transformation project implementation of an operations management system, supply chain standard work implementation
- Director of Brewery Operations: zero-based budget and operations transformation
- Director of Human Resources: plant support network transformation
- Director of Shared Services: post SAP implementation ramp-up, AR, AP, payroll, logistics deployment
- Director of Plant Operations
- Plant network optimization: rationalization
- Implementation of a cost accounting system
- Health and safety excellence
- Quality optimization transformation
- Increase and redeployment of production capacity
Melvin, Carine and their three children live in Toronto, Ontario, where they enjoy the sweet Canadian winter. In his free time, Melvin enjoys coaching two adult soccer teams.